Spring is definitely here! With last week being Easter, spring had a very nice welcome. As someone in our ward mentioned in church on Sunday, here in Hawaii we hardly notice the change in seasons because everyday is pretty much the same when it comes to the weather, it takes away the feeling that comes when spring is in the air. Fortunately, the semester officially ended as of April 14th and has brought with it a week of relaxation and the opportunity to truly enjoy the beauty that is all around us.
First, to focus on Easter. As in many households, it is our tradition on Easter to dye eggs; however, this year I didn't make it to the store, and honestly forgot all together about dying eggs until the day of... Opps. Instead, I found a recipe for cupcakes that look very much like flowers. The original recipe can be found here. I found it, fell in love with them, and decided I had to try it out. It turned out to be much easier than I thought it would be. After making them and eating one, I decided I didn't love the actual cake recipe but decorating the top was fun and turned out so good that I didn't really care about eating them.
We went over to our friends house for dinner along with another couple. They are awesome people. I took the cupcakes over, cooked but not decorated, and after dinner we had a cupcake decorating party! We found that some of us are naturally more artistic while others of us...well... umm... are slightly less artistic. Guess who ended up making the prettiest ones of the night? Matt. No surprise there, if it has anything to do with making a piece of art look wonderful he does a great job. I ended up having him finish the rest of the cupcakes because his were the best. It was fun though, we enjoyed ourselves.
Easter Day was the calm before the storm... Finals came and went and somehow I survived! Now I'm just waiting for final grades to be posted. In the mean time, I have a week of sweet bliss to thoroughly enjoy doing nothing and having close to no responsibilities... at least for now! On Saturday we went down to Kaneohe to have fun. On the way Matt looked up and said, "I love that Mountain." He loves how the cliffs just shoot up out of nowhere. That was a beautiful day, the water was clear, the sun was shining, and every beach we passed seemed to be packed with people enjoying the Saturday.
I was in a glorious mood! It was a great day, Matt and I went out and just enjoyed each others company, something we haven't been able to do for too long. We ended up being out all day and missed going to the beach, not that it was necessarily a bad thing, it a little too crowded anyway.
Today we did have the opportunity to go to the beach. We went with one of our friends and her 2 year old boy. He is So cute! Watching him play in the water and in the waves was so fun! We also attempted to make a sand castle today... but 2 year olds don't really understand why it is cool to build something when destroying it is so much more fun! Needless to say, we didn't get very far with that... played with a lot of sand though. The saddest part of the whole day was that I forgot to take pictues... I know, I am awful. I will try to do better, this week my goal will be to take pictures everyday. Whether we are doing something crazy or just hanging out and enjoying life, pictures will be coming!
Speaking of being crazy and just hanging out... Matt was doing both at the time...
One last thing before we go... Matt and I went to a BALL!! It was held at PCC and married people were invited too! We met up with some friends once we got there and had a dance party. We also went on a romantic canoe ride that was dimly lit and had soft music playing in the background. Definitely enjoyable. We walked away with a tummy full of food, a nice aerobic exercise, a lovely evening with friends, and not to mention, this Awesome picture!







No comments:
Post a Comment