designs

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Beauty and the Beach

The Beach is more than just a place where the ocean meets the land, it is a place of relaxation where you can go to escape from the rest of the world.  As Beth says, you just watch your worries float away with the waves.  That is the main reason I love the beach.  I have always thought the rhythmic sound of each wave falling against the shore was relaxing and a little mesmerizing.  Being able to sit and let the waves overtake me is a wonderful blessing.  I think many different aspects of the outdoors have the same effect, that is one thing that I have always been very aware of.  I have the opportunity of experiencing one more aspect of the great creations that are here for us and I am loving every minute of it.  


It is such a peaceful day when Matt and I go to the beach together and enjoy the sun, the waves, and each others company.  Getting a little bit of a tan isn't bad either!  I have made a goal for this semester to make it to the beach hopefully 3 days a week (with my books and homework of course).  I want to be a few shades darker before going back to Alaska for the summer.  


The feeling of warm sunshine on my skin is one of my favorite sensations.  I can feel it sinking into my skin and healing my soul, giving me joy and happiness.  I have been realizing the importance of Mental Wellness and taking the time to ensure I do not go insane.  I think the two correlate very well!


There is something fun about writing your name in the sand.  Especially on our beach because we always have to try to race the waves, so when we are able to do it well we are pretty happy with ourselves.  Matt found a stick that he was using in place of a sword.  He seemed to be enjoying himself very much.  With that sword he scrawled our names in the sand as I splashed in the water behind him.  


We were able to go to the temple again this week.  This time there were a couple who were both going through for the first time and then were going to be married.  It was neat to be able to be there with them even though we had no idea who they were.  The girl sat by me and was crying almost the whole time.  It was cute.  The guy sat by Matt, and Matt said that he kept looking over at her and just smiling and being happy that they were able to be there together.  It was cute!  


This is the view looking our from the temple.  The road extends straight out and then in the distance you can see the blue ocean (maybe not in this picture because my phone doesn't have the best camera in the world). There are palm trees and plants that make a line from the highway that point toward the temple.  The white buildings you can see in the distance are part of the Visitors Center.  There are beautiful water pools and fountains everywhere.  The color contrasts of the vibrant green plants, blue water, and colored flowers against the white temple is gorgeous.  

No comments:

Post a Comment