designs

Friday, April 20, 2012

Peacocks & Sing Alongs

This week has been full of wonderful relaxation.  Every morning I have woken up when my body wanted to, not when the alarm went off.  It has been amazing.  Of course I really enjoy being busy so I would not be okay with this lasting forever; however, for now it has been such a blessing to be able to relax a little bit and spend some time with my wonderful husband, Matt.  I think that has been my favorite part of the whole week, being able to spend my time with people I love rather than spending all my time with my textbooks and my laptop.  

On Wednesday Matt and I went with our friends Natalie and her son Christian on a little trip.  The whole point of the trip was to pick up Natalie's husband, Chase, but we decided to make it a leisure trip and stop whenever we saw things of interest.  


Here we are in the car having a great time.  Christian is the cutest little kid.  Not to mention he likes to watch one of my favorite movie, Tangled.  There was a portable DVD player in the back of the car for entertainment, guess what we are watching?  There was one point that all of us were singing along and anyone else listening would have thought they had suddenly stepped into a Musical.  It was Oh So Fun.  


On the way we saw this awesome house on the side of the road, it has a beach view and is gorgeous.  I like the hint of Asian architecture that it has.  I heard it is just used as a Vacation home that people can rent when they come to visit Paradise.  It is easily a multi-million dollar home.  Beautiful.  


This is a statue that was on the balcony of the house.  Kind of random... definitely memorable though.  There are so many beautiful homes around the island.  I can't even imagine how much some of them cost!  I appreciate that other people have the money to create something beautiful for me to enjoy!  

So as we kept driving we came to a turn off that Natalie said she always wanted to check out but never has.  Obviously stopping fit perfectly into our agenda for the day, so we did!  As soon as we turned off the road we started talking about how it is around the area where Jurassic Park was filmed.  I guess there are tours that you can take that will take you to and show you places where Jurassic Park, Lost and many other movies were filmed.  Pretty Cool.  I think we might try going on it when we come back in the Fall! 


As soon as we drove into the parking lot there was a Peacock wandering around.  The attraction is actually a preserve type thing, they have botanical gardens and there is a trail that leads up to a waterfall area where you can go swimming.  We are planning on going back there too!  We entered and looked around a little more and realized there are both a male and female peacocks that live there.  Unfortunately he didn't spread his wings and show off for us, but look at those amazing colors.  We were very tempted to pull out a feather to take home with us.  


I honestly don't know what this little building is... I guess its like a Hawaiian hut or something, there were lots of weird face carvings and stuff.  More or Less I thought it was a little Creepy...  Apparently Christian was freaked out too judging by his face.  


It was nice to get out and see a little more of what Hawaii has to offer.  Play the part of a Tourist.  The plants are so beautiful and there is always something new waiting around the corner.  We saw an awesome beach that we are going to be going to as well.  We also saw the one that they filmed part of Soul Surfer on (I think...)  


We don't have much time left before we go back to Alaska for the summer, we are going to miss this place. I am very happy we will be coming back and get to have another chance to see some amazing things.  We truly have been blessed with the opportunity to be here, especially with the people we have met and become friends with.  I can't believe how amazing they are and how much they have already blessed our lives.  We can only hope that they will stay in our lives for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment