designs

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Just another Day in Paradise

Well, I feel like journaling more than anything today and I realized a while back that I don't think I even brought my journal with me here to Hawaii.  I hated the current one I had (because it didn't have a spiral edge) and so I never wrote in it anyway.  I think I just left it there because I figured I hadn't used in recently anyway.  My Mistake.  Who knew I might want to document my life now and again...?

I think I might give a quick run down of my current position in school.  I seem to do that with each and every new person I meet but it always seems to come up time and time again.  The top questions asked are "What's your major?"  "When do you graduate?"  "How's school going for you?"

First, I'm majoring in Accounting, with a minor in Music.  I just decided on the minor in music part this last semester so I haven't actually done much with it yet, but I am excited!  The main reason I am doing it is because I want to learn to play the piano better and I know it just takes practice but it will be much easier to practice if I have to for class.  Not to mention Matt's family is totally amazing when it comes to music and I want to attempt to contribute a little.

I will graduate in 2013.  I will walk in April and then I will have just a couple classes I have to take during the first session of the summer, which is 6 weeks long, so it won't be a big deal at all.  I would be able to graduate earlier, I have enough credits, but I am getting 150 credits so that I qualify for my CPA license.  That has added more time to my school, not to mention I took last semester off, but it will work out in the end.  I will also graduate and take a certification exam, I forgot exactly what it is called but it's an info system type thing.  This is something my advisor offered that I do because I needed a few more classes anyway and it looks good on resumes and does actually give some knowledge to programs that are used in the Real World.

School is going well right now.  Busy, busy, busy!  The semester is coming to an end.  Only 2 weeks left!  The last week is finals so it doesn't really count and only about half of my classes actually have a final anyway.    I just talked to my advisor recently to finish mapping out what classes I am going to be taking until I graduate and I am going to be a very busy girl.  The plan is to take 18 credits both in the fall and the spring.  I also talked to one of my teachers the other day about working as their TA (teachers assistant) because they one he currently has is graduating soon and seems to be preoccupied right now... ie: doesn't do anything to help the class run smoother.  I also thought about auditing a dance class in the fall because I miss it so much!  If you put all of that together I don't know if I will have time to sleep, but right now it seems so worth it!  I am sure in the middle of the semester when I finally realize what I have done to myself I will think again but right now it sounds like a good plan.

Another commitment that I do not always think about trying to schedule into my week is our church callings.  Right now Matt and I teach Sunday School; we teach the Gospel Principles class along with another couple, we take turns teaching each week.  It has actually ended up working out very nicely.  Gospel Principles is a smaller class and so it is more of a discussion rather than us just talking at them.  We have some awesome people in our ward, they have great insights and it has been a great blessing and learning experience to be able to teach with Matt and work together as a team.  The smaller group setting has also made it so we can actually get to know one another a little better and build friendships as well.  It is a great opportunity for us.

I am also the Visiting Teaching Coordinator... which reminds me... I need to get the report put together for this month!  Matt was also recently called to be the Assistant Ward Clerk, I guess the current one is moving so they want him to be the assistant and then end up taking over when the current guy leaves.  Matt will do great, although it is going to be something very different than he is used to.  Great learning experience though, I can feel it!


Well that is about all with our ongoing lives at the moment, we have gone to a couple of performances lately that are worth noting.  A while back The Piano Guys came to BYU-H to perform for us.  They were awesome!  Jon Schmidt and Steven Sharp Nelson are pretty much amazing at what they do.  We absolutely loved the concert!


We took a picture with Steven Sharp Nelson but Jon Schmidt kind of disappeared and we didn't want to wait around for him, so no picture with Jon Sorry!  However, while they were here they they shot one of their songs on the beach.  If you want to see the finished product and a beach that is literally right down the road from my house go ahead and check it out Here.


We also went to a play the school put on, The Sound of Music.  They did a great job!  The nuns had some extra singing parts than in the movie and it was beautiful!  Matt was drinking it in, he loves good music and amazing chords, which were both present that night.  The girl that played Maria was great, she was the highlight of the show.  It was very nice.

We are looking forward to the future, however busy it may be!  Wish me luck on finals!  I hope your enjoying the conference weekend.  I'd just like to mention that here in Hawaii the second session of conference, formerly referred to as the afternoon session, is broadcast at 10:00am... same time as the morning session starts in Utah.  You do the math.

No comments:

Post a Comment