designs

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Life Exchange

Matt and I have lived in Flagstaff for a few months now, it's been a little crazy moving and starting a new job and everything that comes with it.  Here are some things we have been up to since we have been back on the Mainland.  

My little bro, Jacob, graduated from High School.  Now he is 18, and all old and grow up.  He even has a real, full-time job.  Weird....


Jake, Amber & Me


The Whole Fam


Slade and I hung out quite a bit that evening, I tried to run around with him in hopes it would wipe him out and he would fall asleep for the night, unfortunately that kid has loads of energy. 


The first week of moving into our apartment we didn't have furniture.  So we made a makeshift table and dined in our living room.  (Chicken Pesto sandwiches featured here)


Our apartment complex also has a pool, which is pretty awesome considering we moved from Hawaii and were used to having water a 10 minute walk away.  


When we were visiting Grandma & Grandpa we got to ride the horse for a little bit.  Matt was a little scared... so he watched.  We will have to try again next time. 


4th of July!!!  Amber had a big party and it was fun to go and enjoy not being a teenager anymore.  Matt and I ran around crazy until my 10:00 bedtime hit me right in the face and I ended up being the lame old person falling asleep on the couch.  


In Flagstaff one Saturday we drove out to the closest lake and just hung out for a while.  I decided we are definitely heading back there again soon to go Kayaking.  The water was really muddy that day... hopefully it's not always like that or I might reconsider going back.  


We go to Sedona every week because Matt sings in a BarberShop chorus down there.  It is one of the prettiest places I have ever seen.  The bright colors are rock formations amaze me every time.  I love it.  


Well thats what we have been up to lately, nothing life altering, just enjoying being in a new place and exploring a little bit.  


"The Price of Anything is the Amount of Life you Exchange for it" 
- Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment