Where did November go? Last time I check Halloween was almost here and now its a month later and Thanksgiving is THIS WEEK! Its perfectly fine though because I love Thanksgiving, not to mention it means my birthday is right around the corner and we get a break from school. Why not love Thanksgiving? It is definitely one of my favorite holidays. Not only do we get to eat tons of good food but it is a time to reflect on life and what / who matters the most. November also means that Fall is in the air and there is a coolness that I love! Even in Hawaii we have been having some cloudy, cooler days and I am absolutely Loving it!
This year is the first year that I have ever been in charge of half of Thanksgiving Dinner. Last year I just brought a dish, and before that I helped wherever was needed but was not specifically in charge of anything all that important. But This year I'm going to be trying my hand at making some home-made Stuffing! I'll also be making a more veggie filled green bean casserole, Veggie kabobs per Matt's request, not to mention I'm trying out a Healthy Pumpkin Pie... My first Pumpkin Pie ever...
I have really embraced cooking in the last few months and now it has become something that I do when I need a break from school and homework, its almost a stress relief activity. The wonderful goodness that comes from it isn't half bad either :) I just wish it didn't all disappear so fast!
We have so much to be Grateful for, this week is sure to be a great one as we are presented with the opportunity to express that Gratitude openly, while surrounded by friends and family.
* * *
I know I completely missed out on doing a Halloween post but I figured I'd post some of the pictures from Matt's work at the Haunted Lagoon. When it comes to dressing up and playing a part he goes all out. Here are a few of the face paints he had...
Yes, those are red contacts. Matt had been wanting to get colored contacts for a long time and this seemed like a perfect opportunity. He originally got the red ones for me... which looked awesome by the way. I wore them for a few hours on Halloween just with normal clothes, and had several people freaked out.
This is my favorite paint job that Matt got. Its very Pretty...? Unfortunately that was the night we had a Tsunami Warning and so he had only been working for maybe an hour before everyone was sent home.
Here are the white contacts, I actually thought the white ones looked really cool for everyday. They almost had a light blue tint to them. It looked pretty close to what blind people's eye look like, color-wise at least.
On the last night I went with Matt to help paint some of the kids faces. I'm not exactly an amazing artist, but it was fun :)
Matt painted my face too!






No comments:
Post a Comment