A couple weeks ago Matt and I headed over to Las Vegas, which is actually a lot closer than I thought. We went because I had a conference for work - Intacct Advantage 2013! But I won't put you through the details of that because to normal people it really isn't that exciting. It was a good conference though and I'm not so secretly hoping I get to go again next year!
We stayed at the Luxor! The hotel is shaped like a pyramid which is really cool because each floor of rooms are moved inward more than the last in order to create that pyramid shape. The elevators moved at an angle too... which I was not a huge fan of. If regular elevators don't throw off my equilibrium, a slanted one definitely does.
Vegas may be know as Sin City, but they have a lot of cool stuff there. I mean, where else can you go (other than Egypt) to see huge statues like this? It did make me want to travel and go see the real pyramids someday.
We didn't have much time to hang out and have fun because I was at the conference most of the day, but once I got back we did stroll around the strip looking for a place to eat. Side Note: The weather was beautiful!
(After Matt took this picture he promptly told me I official have chicken legs... )
One of my favorite parts of our trip was going to watch the Bellagio fountains. We missed it on our last trip to Vegas because it rained the whole time we were there and our hotel was not super close.
I have always loved fountains, seeing these shoot water up to the tops of the buildings while being perfectly coordinated to awesome music was Fabulous! Only down side... the show was only 5 mins long. I was hoping for more, but now I know what I want in my backyard in the future :)
The Luxor is the home of Chris Angel, a famous magician. He does a show there every night. Matt really wanted to go, but it cost a little more than we were planning on spending on our trip so we had to pass. Maybe next time.
He's kinda creepy looking...
Instead of going to the Chris Angel show we went to our neighboring hotel, the Excalibur, and went to their Tournament of Kings show. It was cheaper and included dinner, so it ended up being the best option. It was a fun show. Definitely one of the Family friendly shows on the strip. Afterward some of the "knights" came back out to talk to us, unfortunately they said I wasn't allowed to pet their horses.
However, Horses are definitely in the plan next time I go to my Grandparents house :)
We had a great time together! It made me want to take a real vacation sometime soon to really relax and spend some good, quality time together, not to mention have FUN! But that will come in time. For now we are happy with our life and thankful for all of our many blessings.









Looks like a real nice time! You guys both look great! Loves!
ReplyDelete