designs

Monday, March 12, 2012

A Day of Love

Alright, another week gone by... or month... But who's counting anyway right!  I apologize for my long time absence, life just gets to you some times, Ya know?  Now I'm back and with a vengeance!
To start off I have to tell you all about the weather here in Hawaii the last few days... Eh... make it the last few weeks.  I have had to bring along a hoodie almost everyday and a few times I have had to wear Real Shoes!
 *Shudder*
It is no secret that I am in love with my flip flops so this change in weather is freezing my poor toes.  I'm sure many of you are thinking, ya right, how cold can it get in Hawaii?  I kindly ask that you keep in mind I am an Arizona girl, we do not have any concept of what humidity is.  It makes everything more extreme, not to mention it makes the consistency of cookie dough very strange...

Because the weather has not be very paradisaical we have spent a lot of time indoors, the only adventures we have gone on lately have been in our books.  So instead of showing you pictures of dark storm clouds I have saved our Valentines Day Adventures for this rainy day!


Valentines Day has a little extra meaning to Matt and I, it was the day we officially started dating.  This year we got together with some of our friends and made Heart shaped Pancakes for Breakfast.  Matt is the breakfast cook in our house for two reasons - first, he has more time in the morning to devote to making something yummy and second, because he has more ideas and just does breakfast better than I do.



Now I told him that we had to make Heart shaped pancakes because it was Valentine's Day, they could NOT be regular circle ones.  He asked me how in the world he was supposed to make them heart shaped, all I could tell him was "I don't know, but Grandma can do it."  She used to take request and come out with a array of horses, flowers, hearts, mickey mouse, and many more.  And if we were lucky we would be allowed to eat them with pink, green, or blue milk.



He carefully poured the batter into the pan and hoped for the best.  They ended up being pretty similar to hearts, and those that were being rebellious were put in their place by a handy set of scissors.  :)


We thought about making Pink pancakes, but we didn't want to have to make a trip to the store just to buy food coloring.  Anything that is going to last more than a few months we don't really want in the house.  


Matt is showing me his lovely creation.  I don't really know what else he was doing... I just remember him being in a strange mood that morning.  


This picture I debated posting, mostly because I am well aware that I look like death.  Breakfast was first on the to-do list that day, before taking a shower or getting ready.  So, Sorry! 

That night we went to Sunset beach, can you guess why... to watch the Sun set.  It was the first time that Matt and I have gotten to see the sun set over the water because from where we live the sun hides behind the mountains long before sunset occurs.  It was very beautiful.  Awesome colors and reflections off the water.  


That was the night the rain started.  Before the sunset was officially over it started sprinkling on us.  We decided to sit through it because it was warm rain and we might as well enjoy it, by the time we left we were very wet, although not quite soaked.  Since that night we have not seen the Sun again and we have not had a day without rain.  

No comments:

Post a Comment